Many are quite familiar with the hassle of finding a great mattress. Indeed, the mattress is the foundation of good sleep, yet shopping for a bed frame to support the mattress can be an equally challenging process. Getting informed is, therefore, the least you can do to ensure success. So, do you find yourself spending hours on the internet searching for a high bed frame inspiration? Because this post talks a lot about that.
Start by defining what you are looking for. Do you want a traditional model or a modern, soft and streamlined one? How about colors and materials? Additionally, think about the style that will make the best match with your bedroom decor. Once you’ve made these decisions, it’s time to start shopping!
Advantages of a High Bed Frame
- A high bed frame has many benefits. For instance, if you have a small bedroom, raising your bed off the ground can make a world of difference. From the practical side, the space under the frame provides a spacious hidden storage potential. You can use boxes, vacuum bags, or built-in drawers to store things underneath.
- In addition, a high bed frame is also more aesthetically pleasing than a low one. Visually, it takes the weight of the most prominent furniture piece in the room off the floor, conveying a lighter and airier atmosphere. It can also make your room appear both bigger and brighter, even more so with the right choice of materials and colors.
- Finally, taller constructions are an excellent choice for people who struggle to get out of low beds. If you have mobility issues or pain in your knees or back, a higher profile can make bedtime a much more comfortable experience.
Choosing a High Bed Frame Without Stress
There are quite a few things to consider before purchasing this substantial (and often costly) piece of furniture. First, the material. Do you prefer a simple MDF frame, or perhaps you’re dreaming about an impressive silhouette of a wrought iron canopy?
Then there is also the question of style. Streamlined minimalist platform or luxurious tufted velvet headboard? But the dilemmas do not end here. Beds nowadays can come with built-in storage, such as under-bed drawers. However, you might find elegant tall legs and the matching nightstands a more appropriate look.
Don’t forget the matter of bed frame colors. The three most popular choices are also the classics: black, white, and brown. Black and white bed frames are highly sought after, therefore easiest to find in a variety of designs. Brown shades are also in demand by people who prefer a traditional flair or look to add a twist to modern hybrid styles. Nevertheless, high bed frames come in a wide variety of other colors as well, so don’t be afraid to experiment until you find the perfect match.
To help you choose a bed frame ideal for your needs, we asked our interior designers to share their preferences. Here are their suggestions based on expertise and experience gained through numerous online bedroom designs.
Our Interior Designers’ Top Suggestions for Choosing a High Frame Bed
1. Consider the height of your bed frame in relation to the ceiling: If you have a high ceiling, you can go for a taller model without a doubt. Otherwise, it might be better to settle for an average size.
2. Choose a sturdy bed frame that won’t wobble: If the construction is not reliable, you might soon find your body on the floor, together with your investment.
3. Decide on a style that fits your bedroom decor: A high bed frame can make a small room look bigger, but a minimalist model might look out of place in a traditionally-oriented interior.
4. Factor in the cost of the bed frame compared to its quality and whether the package is valuable: A high bed frame may be pricier than a low one, but it can pay off in longevity and additional options.
5. Make sure you have enough space for the bed to fit in your bedroom without disturbing balance or comfort: The last thing anyone needs early in the morning is clashing with the surrounding furniture while getting up.
6. Read reviews before making a purchase: If you’re on a budget, there are plenty of high-quality designs available at an affordable price. Just do your research carefully to ensure that you’re getting a good deal.
Most Common High Bed Frame Designs
As mentioned before, high bed frames come in a wide range of styles. Let’s look at the most common models.
The most popular high bed frame style is the platform bed. These frames are typically made from sturdy wood or metal and designed with a clean, minimalist appeal. Covered with foam and plush fabrics, it transforms into a visually soft shape, ideal for vibrant color palettes. These models carry a distinguished modern, youthful flair ideal for small bedrooms or rooms with contemporary decor schemes.
Tall Bed Frame With Built-in Storage
If you’re looking for a high bed frame with storage, there are plenty of options available. You can find models with built-in drawers or shelves or get a separate storage unit to put underneath your bed. Moreover, you can use that free space to install an additional pull-out bed for sleepover guests. No matter what your needs are, there’s always an option that makes a perfect match.
Upholstered High Bed Frame With Headboard
If you aim for a more traditional look or luxurious vibes, you can always opt for an upholstered bed frame. Such frames are padded and covered in fabric, making them soft, plushy, and comfortable to sit on or sleep in. They come in various colors and patterns, so you can easily find one that fits your bedroom’s overall aesthetic.
Canopy High Bed Frames
Finally, there are canopy bed frames. This timeless profile is often tall and dramatic, with four posts extending upwards to support a fabric canopy. It’s usually made from wood or metal and can be decorated with curtains, lights, or other accessories. The visual impact of canopy designs makes them an excellent choice for anyone who wants to make a statement in their bedroom.
If you’re not sure what style of high bed frame to choose, it’s always best to consult with an interior designer or furniture expert. They’ll be able to help you narrow down your options and make a perfect choice.
What bed frame do you prefer?
Use this post to find the ideal bed size for your room. Or, consult our experts online free of charge and get professional results in no time!